Independent Arts Projects is a producing company founded and led by Mhari Robinson to support individual artists and unincorporated collectives develop new work for performance.
IAP supports artists to create their best work.
We do this by:
- Producing excellent new work;
- Touring great stories to audiences;
- Allow work to have a longer life;
- Providing producing, administrative and management services;
- Creating a safe and supported work environment for all artists, staff & collaborators;
- Creating space for independent workers to come together & combat the isolation of freelance working;
- Ensuring union rates & terms are met or bettered;
- Providing the company infrastructure to secure the best possible financing from as wide a range of sources as possible.
Artists we support:
- Alice Mary Cooper, theatre maker, performer, & clown with a passion for the environment
- Clara Bloomfield / Collision, theatre maker, director & socially engaged artist
- Ellie Griffiths / Haptic, cross-artform performance maker, making work with and for neurodiverse audiences
- Mamoru Iriguchi, live artist, theatre maker & designer
One of IAP’s first projects will be Puffin, scheduled for late autumn 2018.
Independent Arts Projects Ltd. is a Company Limited by Guarantee, registered in Scotland, SC581505.
Independent Arts Projects is led by experienced Producer Mhari Robinson. Mhari has produced performance and run small theatre and dance companies for ten years before coming to found IAP. In that time, she has worked with Janice Parker Projects, Royal Lyceum Theatre Company, A Play, a Pie and a Pint, Scottish Dance Theatre, Birds of Paradise, Fire Exit, and Wee Stories. She has toured work across Scotland, the rest of the UK, Ireland, Germany, North and South America. She has published texts, managed the production of complex film & audio projects as well as producing new theatrical works.
The company is supported by a board of practiced arts/production managers and producers – Katie Stuart (General Manager at Macrobert Arts Centre), Hannah Putsey (Touring Manager at Catherine Wheels), Fiona Fraser (Production Manager with Grid Iron & Vanishing Point Theatre Companies) and Vicky Rutherford-O’Leary (Producer for Curious Seed).
For more information, you can reach me by emailing mharirobinson [at] gmail [dot] com or do ring on +44 (0) 7 534 942 255.